Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Fingerprinting research paper

Fingerprinting research paper

Mar/Wed/2018 | Uncategorized

Dna fingerprinting research paper - Apreamare

Fingerprinting research paper

Need Help Writing an Essay? -
Fingerprints – News, Research and Analysis – The Conversation

Nursing Assistant Resume Sample Example College | Book Review | Download Now. Student Entry Level Resume Examples Business School Admissions Resume example for a business school applicant College Resume Example Applying for your CNA Center is a 600ft 183 m 44story highrise building located at 333 South Wabash Avenue in fingerprinting research paper the Loop Community Area of Chicago In this world of competition there is praxis ii essay, a war between different college students who finish their education and are ready to apply for the job There are some countries CNA Financial Corporation is fingerprinting, a financial corporation based in bibliography style Chicago Illinois United States and noted for its 600foot 180 m tall red headquarters building CNA Sample Fixed Asset Process Narrative Related DocumentsSample Fixed Asset Process Narrative Search for research paper, Solutions and Other Documents to Delineate Your Tender National Median Annual Salary Job Growth for Nursing The bureau of style labor statistics provides the fingerprinting research, following data about in mla style, job growth in the Nursing industry Nurse practitioner degrees are one of the fingerprinting paper, top academic credentials in of business nursing These graduate programs prepare registered nurses to assume leadership positions not With instant access to more than 700 colleges and research paper universities around the world the Common App is the most seamless way to manage the application process 52030200000000001 6302018 51060099999999998 6302018 22030100000000001 6302018 51081400000000002 6302018 51080100000000002 6302018 51070500000000003 Dear Human Resources Enclosed please find my resume for the position of staff writer I currently work as a copy editor for Acme Company where I am responsible for. You come to praxis the right site for download very fast. Our library can be accesed from certain countries only. Please see if you are eligible to Download our content by fingerprinting research creating an account. You must create a free account with click download button. Sign Up now or Login. Sorry, if you can't to Macroeconomics read this Nursing Assistant Resume Sample Example College content, because This content is extracted from the pdf ebooks.

You can download this pdf file from GOOGLE DRIVE to get the text quality content along with better image on pdf. Office Assistant Resume Example - Sample. Office Assistant Resume Example is a free sample document for administrative professional with job office career experience in paper Health Care and Education. Nursing Resume Example - Best Sample Resume. A Letter For A? With this free sample nursing resume, get information on fingerprinting research paper how to prepare your nursing resume. This sample nursing resume will assist you in preparing your efficient . Ii Essay? Medical Assistant Resume: Guide Sample [+20 Examples] That first sample will make even an entry-level medical assistant resume stand out like Doogie Howser in a nursing home. The second?

Not so much. Nurse Resume Example - Professional RN Resume. Below you will find a document that serves as a Registered Nurse Resume Example – Sample with job experience as Staff Nurse and research paper Nurse Manager looking for of business, position . New Graduate Nurse Resume Sample: New Grad Nursing Resume Example. The resume for fingerprinting research paper, the New Graduate nurse position has to present skills and qualifications . Eye-Grabbing Nursing Resumes Samples | LiveCareer. Intermediate? Before you begin writing your nursing resume, it’s important to do your research. Research Paper? There are a variety of resources, like nursing resume samples and healthcare . How to Write an Exceptional New-Grad Nursing Resume. This guide was written by experienced nursing recruiters and is full of tips and recommendations for writing an 30-2 diploma essay exceptional new grad nursing resume. Resume Writing Career Counseling.

Professional resume writing services by research certified resume writers at excellent rates. Get your professional resume in just a few hours. Phlebotomist Resume Sample - Best Sample Resume - BSR. This sample phlebotomist resume provides an excellent format for resume writing that will instantly catch the attention of the potential employer. Resume Examples: Free Example Resumes and Resume Templates. CNA Cover Letter Examples • Great Sample Resume.

A CNA is ii essay, a certified nurse assistant and a cover letter for fingerprinting research, such an Intermediate individual should briefly list the main responsibilities with which the individual has. Fingerprinting Research? Engineering Resume: Sample and Complete Guide [+20 Examples] A step by step guide to sample case study writing a professional resume for engineers. +20 examples and fingerprinting tips. Use our free engineering resume template. Outside Sales Resume Sample - Job Interview Career Guide. It is the Outside Sales Representative’s responsibility to generate and close sales outside an organization. The following is a free example of an outside sales . CNA Center is a 600-ft (183 m), 44-story high-rise building located at 333 South Wabash Avenue in the Loop Community Area of Chicago. Phlebotomist Resume Sample - Career Enter.

If you want a phlebotomy technician job seriously then you should use a perfect phlebotomy resume. Here are the complete details on writing a perfect phlebotomist resume. Writing a Resume | Capital University. How to Write a Resume. All majors and 30-2 diploma experience levels should start with our resume writing guides. How to Write a Resume (PDF) Resume Writing for Adults and . Research? CNA Financial Corporation is social 30-2 diploma, a financial corporation based in Chicago, Illinois, United States, and fingerprinting research paper noted for its 600-foot (180 m) tall red headquarters building, CNA . Resume Objective Examples - LoveToKnow. Every aspect of a resume has to form a bridge between an applicant's specific experience and the requirements and how to write a letter for a job format interests of the company. Fingerprinting Research Paper? Whether resumes are . Get Your Associate Nursing Degree. How Do I Choose The Right Nursing School for An Associate Nursing Degree? Taking into Macroeconomics, account the sheer number of associate degree in nursing programs across the . 14+ Microsoft Resume Templates – Free Samples, Examples . Microsoft Word Resume Template Word 2007.

MS Word version 2007 is considered of the best versions of Word with better customization options. It is very easy to make a . 2015-2017 Good Wrought Iron FJ. We cannot therefore guarantee the existence of any file on our servers, we only give you offer membership which you can download many ebooks.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
Original research paper A study of fingerprints in relation to - MedIND

How to research paper Write a Great, Simple Business Plan for a Small Side Business. Several weeks ago, I wrote an article on starting a side business as part of my larger 31 Days to Financial Independence series. In that article, I advocated strongly for diploma essay writing a business plan for even a small little side gig: “Develop a real business plan for fingerprinting research paper each idea. Of Business? Take each of those three ideas and flesh them out into a business plan. This seems like a painful formal process to fingerprinting paper many, but there’s a very good reason for making a business plan: it helps you see the potential problems in your idea before you start running with it, which means you can think of ways to get around those problems so that you’re more likely to have success right off the bat. […] I did this with The Simple Dollar (back then, I used a business plan book from the library rather than [the] great SBA resources that exist today) and with many other small businesses I’ve dabbled in. The process of writing such a plan has almost always helped me see obstacles and helped me figure out how to deal with them before they become disasters that I’ve invested many hours in.

I’ve walked away from many ideas after writing a business plan, and for Intermediate Macroeconomics good reason – they would have turned into black holes of time and money, slurping away all of those resources and giving me little in return. Once you’ve written up a business plan using these ideas, pass them around to fingerprinting research some trusted family members or friends or mentors. Send each one to a few people and write a letter for a job format, get their feedback. Fingerprinting Paper? Send them to people you trust and whose advice you trust and social 30-2 diploma essay, take their comments seriously. They might be really negative on an idea that you think is great, but rather than just brushing it off as “jealousy” or something, stop and listen to what they’re saying. Often, the good people in your life are critical of something you’re doing for a reason – they may be seeing something you’re not seeing due to your own blind spots.

Often, this can turn into a feedback cycle, where people give you comments, you improve the business plan, and then you send it to people for paper a second reading or to new people for a fresh reading. The goal is to develop a plan as well as you can so that you have a strong plan going forward when you start.” This section seems to have touched on the imagination of quite a few readers, several of whom sent in feedback wanting to in mla style know more about writing a plan for a small side gig. A couple of readers even sent in business plans for their side gig for me to look at. The clear consensus among these readers is that they saw the value of the idea of fingerprinting research a business plan for their side gig, but that they wanted more guidance.

What should they include? What should they be thinking about? I wrote a few personal responses, but then I quickly realized that it made more sense to put together all of the information in one single article to share with everyone. What follows is a guide to assembling a business plan for a small side business. It’s a framework I’ve used many times, including when I was originally planning The Simple Dollar. The value in writing such a plan is that it forces you to diploma essay questions think about fingerprinting research paper these issues before you even start so that you don’t throw yourself into a plan that’s doomed to fail. Macroeconomics? Remember the goal of a small side business: It’s all about fingerprinting creating another revenue stream for Macroeconomics you, giving you more income while you still have a main career and possibly giving you something to fall back on if you decide to move away from that main career. First, we need to cover a few ground floor assumptions . By its very nature, a small side business is one that doesn’t require a lot of research paper initial funding. Macroeconomics? Whatever funding is required initially is research paper something you’re investing out of essay conclusion examples pocket. I’m also operating under the assumption that the side business is small enough that you will operate it as a sole proprietorship for the time being. This is fingerprinting what people tend to do when they’re tinkering around with solo side business ideas; when something seems to sample be promising, then they put a business structure around it.

If you’re reaching the research, point where something more robust is in order, you should take a serious look at essay examples the business planning resources available from the Small Business Administration, which will guide you through the steps of actually setting up a proper business structure for your activities. This guide is intended for people with a small idea that they can execute on their own without any outside investment and in their spare time – things like starting a YouTube channel, making jewelry or artwork to sell on fingerprinting, Etsy, or writing a book. The reason for social 30-2 questions making a plan for this is to eliminate potential roadblocks up front and thus increase the chances that this microbusiness will grow to a point where you should start considering a full business structure, outside investment, loans, and so forth. Ready? Let’s dig in. A business plan is simply a document that outlines what you intend to do to paper make your business succeed over the next three to five years. It looks at potential obstacles in Intermediate your path and fingerprinting paper, helps you think through solutions to questions overcome them now so that you’re prepared for them when they arrive. A business plan is not a guarantee of success. Fingerprinting? What it does instead is increases the chances for success to ii essay questions occur. You have a greater likelihood of fingerprinting having a hit on your hands if you created a business plan up front. A business plan is actually just the formalization of a lot of healthy thinking about your business ideas before you start sinking a lot of time and energy (and potentially money) into it.

Remember, with a business plan for a side business, your focus is primarily on turning spare time and energy into money. You’re likely not investing very much money in this, but you are willing to invest time and energy into it. Because of social 30-2 essay that, most side businesses tend to involve a significant period of very slow and small growth until that cumulative time and effort begins to bring benefits. Keep that in mind as you plan. So, what basic ingredients should you have in research paper your business plan? A summary should be a one page description of your overall business plan, condensing everything down into Intermediate Macroeconomics, one page. This should be the fingerprinting research, first “real” page of your plan (you may want to have a title page and a table of essay examples contents first, particularly when you start sharing it with others for research paper review.) A market analysis should include a serious look at who your customers might be, who’s already serving them, and what gaps are available to you in 30-2 essay questions that market. What are you going to provide that isn’t already being provided to your potential customers? Who are those customers?

Think of customers in a very broad sense – for example, if you’re going to make a Youtube video channel, your viewers are your customers. Service or products should include whatever it is you intend to make and fingerprinting, sell or whatever service it is argument conclusion examples that you intend to fingerprinting research provide. What exactly are you going to make or offer? What features does it have that makes it distinct? How do those features meet the Intermediate Macroeconomics, unmet needs of customers as identified in the market analysis? What is the cost to you to produce this product or service and what will you be charging for it? Remember, starting a business of any size is a waste of your time if you’re not creating something that meets a real unmet need in the customers you want to serve. Startup materials summarizes what exactly you will need to fingerprinting research paper make this business happen. Social? For a microbusiness, you likely already have most of those materials, but you should still include them here. Assume you have nothing – what do you need to make this business happen? Where will you be acquiring those things?

Organization is basically a description of the time and energy you’re going to put into making this a reality. What exactly are you going to be doing regularly in order to make this service or product a reality? Are you going to be spending three evenings a week on it? One full weekend day each week? It is a very good idea to set aside a block of consistent time each week – or multiple ones – toward making this business plan into a reality. Marketing (and sales, if needed) is pretty straightforward, at least on the surface. You have identified customers with a particular need. You have identified something you can make that will meet that need.

Now, how do you make those customers aware of your product or service? Without some good answers to that question, you’re not going to attract customers. I honestly recommend starting a Google document for this business plan so that you can access it easily from anywhere and research, add ideas from anywhere as they occur to you. Remember, one of the main values of a plan like this is as a tool to how to job format collect your thoughts and organize them into fingerprinting, something sensible, which is 30-2 essay very likely to increase your odds of success. This section really boils down to three questions: Who and where are your customers? What needs or desires do they have that aren’t being fulfilled? What will they give to have those needs or desires fulfilled? In answering them, more information is good, particularly when that information is based on actual data and conversations with potential customers. Fingerprinting Research? Do not center this around your own desires or what you think customers might want, or else you’re setting this up for failure. The first step, then, is finding your customers . Who are they?

Who are the praxis ii essay questions, people you’re hoping to target? Where are they? Where do they spend their time? Do they have time or money available to fingerprinting research spend on your product or service? The next step is to look at sample the needs that these customers have that aren’t being fulfilled right now. What are they looking for that they’re not finding? You can find this by looking for where these customers hang out research paper, online and reading their comments. What things are they talking about that aren’t being fulfilled? How are they criticizing the products they already use or the things they watch or enjoy?

Is anyone fulfilling that need? For example, I wrote a business plan recently for making a video series of board game reviews. In doing customer research, I went to 30-2 diploma questions where potential viewers hung out and fingerprinting research, looked for the things they said that were missing from review videos. What things did they want to job format see that no one was really doing? Those comments provided the backbone of my plans for the videos. The next question is fingerprinting research paper whether or not the customers will actually engage with the product. Ii Essay Questions? Would they watch videos like this?

Would they read books like this? Would they buy these products? Would they listen to this podcast? The best way to fingerprinting figure this out is to talk to customers. Would they actually give their time or money or energy to this product if it existed? You’ve identified something that people want that they’d be willing to devote their time and energy toward. The question is Intermediate how you’re going to fulfill that need. What are you going to make that matches up with that need? This is fingerprinting paper where you sketch out your actual product in detail. What are you going to case make? What would individual items look like?

How would you actually make that product? The more detail you go into fingerprinting research, here, the better. So, again, with my video review idea, I sketched out what a lot of individual videos would look like. I identified a review system that I would use, laid out the contents of a typical review video, and Intermediate Macroeconomics, made sure to paper highlight which bits were really distinctive and potentially of real interest to the customers identified in the market research section. The focus here is on bibliography in mla style, the end product that you’re going to create. Define this product as clearly as possible along with the steps you’ll need to take to make that product. Naturally, you’ll probably need some things to make that production happen. Even for virtual things, you’ll still need a computer and fingerprinting research paper, a digital camera of some kind and likely some kind of internet connection. For other things, you’ll definitely need more things. Think through this carefully.

What do you actually need to make this product? Assume you have nothing at all. What’s needed to move from nothing to essay conclusion examples the finished product you want? Remember, you should be able to fingerprinting research use items you already own for Macroeconomics this purpose and you should note that, but there are likely some items that you’ll need to purchase. Make sure that the fingerprinting research, expense is low – after all, this is intended as a side business with no outside investment. If the Intermediate Macroeconomics, expense is in any way a challenge to fingerprinting you, you may want to rethink things and praxis questions, perhaps define a simpler initial product without as much startup expense.

The organization section should define your workflow. What are you going to be doing each day in fingerprinting research order to make this product a success? What are the steps in argument essay examples creating each product? What time are you setting aside regularly to make this happen? For a larger business, the organization section is more about figuring out research, roles for various people and questions, outlining what their roles would be like, but in a side gig, you’re the fingerprinting, only person involved and you’re filling all roles, so the organization section is all about essay examples thinking about the work that needs to be done, how you’re going to do it, and how you’re going to fingerprinting research find the time and energy to Intermediate Macroeconomics do it.

Don’t be afraid to fingerprinting research paper consider a point in the future where you may need some assistance with the business, but that shouldn’t be the focus. The focus should be on how you are going to argument essay conclusion examples get the products made in fingerprinting paper the short term. The marketing section is all about making sure that your target customers actually hear about your product in 30-2 diploma essay questions a way that won’t alienate them right off the bat. Paper? Remember, this doesn’t necessarily mean advertising – in fact, with a small side project like this, it probably doesn’t mean paid ads. Instead, you should focus on things like becoming a part of a community of fans or people with shared interests and sharing what you made when the praxis, opportunity sensibly presents itself. Almost all communities resent it when someone from outside comes in and pushes their new thing or even if a regular member incessantly pushes something, but if it’s from a regular member who has consistently provided good input, a little self-promotion is usually welcomed and even celebrated a little bit. This is a great way for fingerprinting you to get your product known to customers. Get deeply involved in communities where your customers reside. Be a helpful, positive member of those communities. When you have a good product, share it, but do it in a context that’s actually meaningful to case study the members of the community and serves an actual purpose, like responding to a question or adding a resource to a collection of research resources, rather than pushing that product on its own. A single announcement is diploma essay fine, but you can create backlash if you overdo it.

When you have all of these sections written, write the fingerprinting research paper, summary, which basically sums up each section in a single short paragraph so that the summary of the whole thing fits on one page and put that at argument conclusion the front. Then… let it sit. Just save it and don’t think about it for fingerprinting research paper a week or two. Ii Essay? Don’t even look at it. After that time, open it up and research paper, start editing it. Ii Essay? Clarify things that are unclear. Fix up any big flaws in your thinking that are now apparent because you gave it some time to research rest. Answer any additional questions that you thought of while you were letting it rest. You may find that doing this in a few cycles is really useful. More importantly, you’ll probably feel your plans getting better and sample of business study, stronger, and fingerprinting, the better and stronger the 30-2 essay questions, plans, the more likely those plans will result in success.

Once you’re happy with your plan, take that plan to a trusted mentor or friend, someone you trust deeply and fingerprinting research paper, whose opinion you’ll respect, even if it’s critical. Ask them to read the plan and give you any feedback they might have. 30-2 Questions? You can “repay” them by fingerprinting research paper taking them out to lunch and hearing their critiques there or finding some other small way of how to a letter for a job format thanking them, especially when they provide extended feedback. This may turn into a feedback loop. You may end up going back into your own cycle of revisions to improve things as you think about fingerprinting their feedback. You may end up sending a revised edition to that mentor for further feedback. You may end up taking a revised plan to a second mentor. The goal of Intermediate all of this is the fingerprinting research paper, same: you’re trying to identify as many flaws in your plan as you can before you start so that you don’t get sidelined by those flaws later on. The more effort you put in here, the greater your chances for success.

Trust your gut, though. There will come a point where the plan is pretty good, both in your eyes and in praxis the eyes of the people who review it. When that happens, it’s time to launch and research paper, get the process started. Go put that plan to good use and start earning a healthy side income! Let’s be clear: This process takes a while. It involves a lot of thinking about Intermediate what you’re going to do without taking action. Many people don’t want to fingerprinting research invest that time. Those people have a much higher rate of failure. They throw time and effort and money down dead end streets. Ii Essay? They spin their wheels and never really achieve the things they want to fingerprinting research paper achieve. Why?

They didn’t think first. Abraham Lincoln once said, “Give me six hours to 30-2 diploma essay questions chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” Writing a business plan is the “sharpening the axe” part of the equation. The person who goes out fingerprinting research, there with the questions, dull axe right off the bat is the person without a plan, and that person is going to find their arms getting tired. Research Paper? They’re going to be frustrated by their lack of progress. They’re going to get blisters. And they’re going to quit.

Sharpen your axe first by writing a plan and every move you make based on that plan will have a real impact that will move you forward. May the plan you develop turn into a very successful side gig for you, one that brings in some additional income and maybe even grows into something beyond your wildest dreams. Get rid of high interest debt with a 0% balance transfer credit card. Earn credit card points toward your favorite ways to in mla style travel. Save money and fingerprinting research, expand your travel budget by packing any one of these cards on Intermediate, your trip. A comprehensive guide to maximizing rewards and getting paid back for everything you buy. Just sign up to The Simple Dollar Daily and fingerprinting, start saving today.

Just sign up to The Simple Dollar Daily and case, start saving today.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
Research paper (Fingerprint Analysis) - SlideShare

My Senior Thesis: How Can Great Charities Raise More Money? I haven#8217;t written a blog post for nearly a full season. One-third of this phenomenon is the fault of my senior thesis: It#8217;s a very long thesis, and fingerprinting paper you probably shouldn#8217;t read the whole thing. I conducted my final round of social 30-2 diploma essay, editing over the course of fingerprinting research paper, 38 hours in praxis questions, late April, during which I did not sleep. It#8217;s kind of a slog. Here#8217;s a PDF of the fingerprinting five pages where I summarize everything I learned and make recommendations to charities: In the rest of this post, I#8217;ve explained my motivation for actually writing this thing, and squeezed my key findings into a pair of summaries: One that#8217;s a hundred words long, one that#8217;s quite a bit longer. How To Write A Letter For A! Americans only give about 2% of their income to charity, and most of that money goes to charities that don#8217;t do an especially good job of helping people. How can the most effective charities (and other charities) raise more money?

There are many different techniques that have been shown to work well in multiple studies, but evidence on fingerprinting research, most techniques is still very mixed, and how to write of application some popular techniques in the real world have no experimental evidence behind them. Charities really ought to run more experiments to figure out which techniques will work for them. In the meantime, some general advice for all charities: Tell donors what their donation will accomplish (be specific!). Tell stories about individual people you#8217;ve helped, Make donors feel like they#8217;re on a winning team with lots of other cool donors, making real progress on research, an important problem. Also, run experiments. I can#8217;t emphasize that enough. This year, I began to study the nonprofit sector, because I#8217;m convinced that giving money to the right causes is one of the best ways for an average person to improve the world . I#8217;d seen a lot of studies on fundraising techniques , and on techniques for sample persuading people in general , but it wasn#8217;t easy to find a lot of studies in one place, and it was especially tough to figure out whether any particular techniques had super-strong evidence behind them, or whether some techniques were overvalued thanks to fingerprinting research paper the results of a single study that wouldn#8217;t necessarily generalize to most nonprofits. Sample Of Business Case Study! So I did something a little bit foolish.

I decided that my senior thesis would attempt to review every experimental study ever conducted on paper, a charitable fundraising technique. To ensure that I was saying something original, I added a special section on techniques that would apply especially to #8220;effective#8221; charities: Those which could present strong evidence to donors that they were actually making the world a better place (and doing so more efficiently than most other charities). This isn#8217;t the best-written literature review of fundraising techniques, nor the most comprehensive. But it is probably the most comprehensive review of studies conducted specifically using participants who actually gave money. This is actually a major problem in Macroeconomics, the fundraising literature: About half the research studies I found didn#8217;t measure the impact of a technique on real donations. Instead, researchers measured how much money the participants claimed they would give if someone asked them, or whether they gave tokens to people playing an #8220;economic game#8221; with them, or whether they helped a clumsy research assistant clean up spilled coffee. (To make an uncharitable comparison, it#8217;s as though Stanley Milgram had conducted his famous obedience experiment by asking participants whether they would be willing to shock the person on of business, the other side of the curtain if he asked nicely.) I excluded any study that didn#8217;t measure real monetary donations, unless it dealt in some way with evidence-based giving #8212; very little has been written in that domain, so I had to be a bit less selective. Fingerprinting Research Paper! Take everything I say with a grain of salt: I was an undergraduate when I wrote this, and I probably missed some important points in praxis ii essay, many of these papers. Almost every study here involves a single request for fingerprinting research paper money, even though donor retention is questions more important for most charities than getting new donors who only give once. Including donor retention would have made this thesis almost impossible to write, but it#8217;s still an important topic. ( Adrian Sargeant has some great papers on building long-term relationships with donors.) There#8217;s not a lot of research on most of the techniques I covered, with a few exceptions. I found about fingerprinting research five studies per technique, on average, of which at least one was methodologically flawed.

Sample sizes and effect sizes varied drastically, and the sheer number of techniques meant that running a meta-analysis wouldn#8217;t have made sense. Essay Examples! For that matter, nearly everything about these studies varied drastically: The context in which a request was made, the relationship of the participants to research paper the charity, the social 30-2 size of the charity, and so on. What I wound up with, in research paper, the end, were a few solid general rules and Intermediate Macroeconomics a lot of fingerprinting research paper, results hinting that certain approaches might be effective. Still, it#8217;s better to Macroeconomics have hints than to have nothing, and research paper most nonprofit organizations aren#8217;t using all that much science when they try to Intermediate Macroeconomics raise money. Charitable giving is probably a net positive, as far as social phenomena go. And even if it isn#8217;t, the most efficient, data-driven forms of research, giving are certainly good. (This is my first thesis, so I#8217;m defending even the most basic assertions.) The latter form of giving, or #8220;effective altruism#8221;, clearly helps the recipients of donations, but it#8217;s not entirely clear whether giving actually makes people happier. There#8217;s a good chance that happy people give more, or that people claim to be happy after giving so experimenters will like them. But it#8217;s also quite possible that giving money makes us happier than spending it, especially once we#8217;ve spent a certain amount on ourselves. But even though charitable giving is a very good thing, we don#8217;t give very much, and the rate at which we give hasn#8217;t really changed since 1970. For some reason, charities are struggling to convince people to give money away.

But science can help! This literature review aims to summarize research on the efficacy of various fundraising techniques #8212; particularly those which could be useful to the most effective charities. By the way, some charities are more effective than others! Why are some charities #8220;overpriced#8221; for the amount of good they do? Because charities aren#8217;t like soap: When we give, we spend money on something we don#8217;t use ourselves, and we rarely learn how well the charity is bibliography in mla style helping recipients. It#8217;s as though we bought someone else a bar of soap on Amazon and fingerprinting research paper then tried to review it without ever speaking to them.

This wouldn#8217;t work very well. Similarly, despite the existence of charity-rating websites, most people give without knowing much about the impact of the charity they support, much less how it compares to Intermediate other charities. I read hundreds of pages of Google Scholar and lots of books and fingerprinting research more pages in social diploma questions, a few specialized databases and the reference sections of some truly epic literature reviews (which are linked at the end of this post). Some of the techniques I reviewed could be used by just about any charity. Others should be especially useful for charities that have something in fingerprinting, common with the most effective charities #8212; that is, they help people in other countries, help lots of people, measure their results, etc. With a few exceptions, I only reviewed studies where participants actually gave real money to charity, because most other ways of predicting giving behavior in the real world don#8217;t seem very effective, and we really want to predict giving behavior! Prediction is the name of the game. Examples! I#8217;m also not measuring religious gifts or gifts to colleges, because #8220;giving back#8221; to an institution that helped you isn#8217;t quite the same as the giving I#8217;d like to fingerprinting measure. What motivates people to argument essay conclusion give money away? I#8217;m not going to say #8220;System One#8221; and #8220;System Two#8221;, because that#8217;s cliche, so instead I#8217;ll say #8220;warm giving#8221; and #8220;cool giving#8221; to reflect the fact that giving is driven by a mix of research, #8220;cool#8221; motivations (an abstract desire to do good, careful calculation of 30-2 diploma, your impact, strategic giving that will make people like you) and #8220;warm#8221; motivations (empathy toward the recipient, personal connections to the charity, a habit of giving a dollar to anyone who asks). Research! Yes, this is really just System One and System Two.

You came here for a literature review, not a philosophical analysis of altruistic behavior. This section is somewhat lazy. Anyway, who gives the most money away? Sometimes men give more than women, and sometimes the reverse it true. Bibliography! Older people give more until around the fingerprinting paper time they retire. Argument! Richer people give more, but perhaps less money as a percentage of income. Religious people might give more, but it#8217;s really difficult to tell because 1/3 of all U.S. donations go toward churches, which only spend a fraction of their income on research paper, traditional #8220;charitable#8221; activities.

Fundraising Techniques that Probably Help. #8220;Legitimizing paltry contributions#8221;: Tell donors that #8220;even a penny will help#8221; (or something like that), and they#8217;ll usually be more likely to give without giving much less. I have a bunch of theories about why this happens, but we have many more techniques to cover, so let#8217;s move on! Anchoring: Suggesting that donors give $20 tends to bring in more than suggesting they give $10, but a very high anchor scares donors away. Use experiments to figure out the optimal suggestion! Dialogue: Ask someone how they#8217;re doing, wait for argument essay conclusion examples them to answer, and then ask for money. This is a much better idea than asking right away, but so far we#8217;ve only paper seen it work in of business case, person, not over research paper, the phone. Bonus points if you mention having something in common with the donor! (In my favorite #8220;similarity#8221; study, the experimenter lied about having the 30-2 diploma essay questions same birthday as the participant. I can#8217;t believe the IRB let them get away with that.) Publicity: When someone#8217;s donations will be made public (or even seen by just a single experimenter), they tend to fingerprinting give more.

This may not hold true for Muslims or other religious groups where quiet, private giving is a virtue. But that#8217;s a minor exception hypothesized from a single study: Mostly, publicity is a good strategy in sample case study, the context of fingerprinting research, these experiments. Photographs: Adding pictures to donation materials tends to praxis ii essay make them more effective, though it#8217;s unclear whether sad children are better than happy children. Especially sad or upsetting photos could backfire. Individuals: We really like helping individuals, possibly because it#8217;s easier to empathize with one person than with a whole group of people. Paper! Rather than talking about the argument examples sheer scope of the problem your charity deals with, it#8217;s generally best to talk about how a donation has helped, or could help, a single sympathetic person. In fact, people will literally give more money to save the research life of one child than to social save the lives of eight, even when eight lives can be saved for the price of one!

This is a troubling result, but one team of paper, researchers may have discovered how to of business case study reverse it with something called #8220;the unit asking effect#8221;. (That paper might be my favorite in the entire thesis #8212; check it out fingerprinting if you can.) Follow the Leader: Potential donors give more after they learn about the gifts of past donors, especially those who were very generous or who resembled the potential donor in some way. This also works if the potential donor sees another donation happen, or is told that the amount they donate will be known by another person (so that they have the chance to become #8220;leaders#8221; themselves). Matching donations: Ben Kuhn is better at statistics than I am, and his summary of the social 30-2 diploma essay literature on matching is very rigorous. If you really care about fingerprinting donation-matching, you should read it. My shorter summary: If you have some money lying around, you might be able to use it to increase donations by #8220;matching#8221; the gifts of future donors, so that people feel like they can do more good for the same #8220;price#8221; (as though your nonprofit was having a buy-one-get-one-free sale). Sample Case Study! Ben Kuhn points out that most of the research on matching is sketchy, but it#8217;s no sketchier than the fingerprinting paper rest of the bibliography research on fundraising. Also, matching is #8220;free#8221;, since your charity gets the research matching dollars either way, so you might as well experiment. Seed donations: Announce that you#8217;d like to raise a set amount, then #8220;seed#8221; part of write a letter of application for a job format, that amount so that #8220;success#8221; seems more likely. Donors like giving to research paper specific campaigns that seem like they will meet their goals, and seed donations work about as well as matching in head-to-head experiments. On the other hand, if you have money you could use to style seed a campaign or match donations, you could also try#8230; Overhead coverage: When a charity announces that donors#8217; gifts will only cover #8220;programs#8221; (like giving mosquito nets to families) rather than #8220;overhead#8221; (like paying the fingerprinting paper salaries of praxis ii essay questions, professional fundraisers ), donors give quite a bit more.

This phenomenon can be hacked if a charity uses leftover funds to #8220;cover#8221; its own overhead, or convinces one particular donor to fingerprinting paper cover all of the overhead so that most donors never have to think about it. Which is kind of diploma, weird, since this is all just accounting trickery #8212; the amount spent on research paper, overhead isn#8217;t changing #8212; but if it works, why not? Donors seem to diploma prefer charities with lower overhead even when the overhead isn#8217;t #8220;covered#8221;, but it#8217;s unclear whether that#8217;s true independent of donors#8217; fear that their own money will pay for fingerprinting overhead rather than programs. Many nonprofits claim that #8220;overhead doesn#8217;t matter#8221; , because forcing charities not to spend on overhead keeps them from how to a letter of application job format growing or innovating. Fingerprinting Paper! This is in mla partly true, though especially high overhead is a clear warning sign. What really matters is how much good each dollar does, however the charity spends it. (Still, donors speak the language of overhead, so charities may have to do the same.)

This summary is fingerprinting research long enough already, so I#8217;ll skip talking about techniques that only work sporadically, or don#8217;t seem to work at all. With one exception: Offering gifts or prizes in exchange for donations works very badly in every study that tries to do it. This may not be the case for gifts #8220;related#8221; to the nonprofit (like a PBS tote bag), but telling people you#8217;ll give them random chocolate if they donate is a terrible idea. On the other hand, telling donors they#8217;ll feel great after they give works pretty well, despite playing on the same selfish motivation. And giving people gifts before you ask them to give leads to amazing results (at least in the fourth study mentioned on page 20 of this paper ). Really Obvious Helpful Techniques.

Here are some brief, simple things that all nonprofits should probably be doing: Talk about your beneficiaries a lot. Make them sound like nice, hardworking people who have a lot in common with the argument essay conclusion examples donor. Talk about the progress your organization has been making, not the enormous scope of the problem (or, at the very least, talk about both). People want to be on the winning team. Fingerprinting Research! Look good. Dress nicely. Be attractive and high-status (donors can be shallow, especially male donors talking to cute female fundraisers). It might even help to play catchy music and smell good, though that study has yet to be funded. If someone signs up for your mailing list, send them an email right away, and ask them to argument essay conclusion donate soon after.

As of 2014, some of the largest charities in the U.S. Fingerprinting Research Paper! didn#8217;t send a single email to new subscribes within 30 days #8212; the perfect amount of how to a letter of application for a job format, time for a potential donor to completely forget about fingerprinting them. Use simple, visual language. One clever study took issue with the fact that newspapers tend to use the word #8220;affected#8221; to of business study describe the people who survive natural disasters. Referring to these people as #8220;homeless#8221; (which is what #8220;affected#8221; really means in this context) substantially increases the amount donors are willing to give to paper them. This isn#8217;t surprising: I don#8217;t know what an ii essay #8220;affected#8221; person looks like, but I can picture a #8220;homeless#8221; person without difficulty, and fingerprinting paper being able to imagine someone is an important step toward caring about them.

Visual language is important. Argument Examples! When we consider the size and sociological importance of the nonprofit sector, it becomes clear that we need more research on fundraising techniques! Yes, like any person who researches a topic in fingerprinting, great depth, I conclude that more research is needed. On the other hand, I#8217;m not going to grad school, so I#8217;m not biased by the need to churn out more papers on things I already know about. Essay! You can trust me on research, this one. There are a few topics I think would be especially neat to essay research in more depth, but I talk about paper those within the thesis. Ii Essay Questions! For the rest of this summary, all I#8217;d like to say is that charities should be running more experiments, and publicizing their results. Note: The below is mostly uninformed speculation, and I could be very misguided. One cool thing about the nonprofit sector is that it isn#8217;t a zero-sum game. It#8217;s true that charity money is limited, and that someone who donates a lot to one charity will typically give less to others as a result. But if we somehow raise charitable spending from 2% to 3% of the fingerprinting U.S.

GDP, the gains from that will dwarf the pain of charitable competition. And one of the ways charities can raise the national giving rate is to work together to figure out better fundraising techniques. What would happen if charities with excellent websites #8212; like Kiva or Acumen or charity: water #8212; shared the results of their A/B testing with the rest of the nonprofit world? What if the five largest charities in America pooled funds to hire a couple of bibliography, full-time researchers who could run a dozen experimental replications of important studies over fingerprinting paper, the next year, and begin to figure out of business case which techniques consistently had large effects on charitable giving? What if the fingerprinting research paper hundred largest charities in America hired a couple of extra lobbyists to push for a U.S. How To For A Job Format! version of Gift Aid, which could push the giving rate from 2% to 2.5% within a couple of fingerprinting research paper, years? I don#8217;t know if any of this would help, but it seems like it would be worthwhile to try.

Fundraising experiments are easy to run, and can even be profitable. Even small charities can pull off an experiment once in a while, especially if they collaborate with academics. Many of the in mla style studies I examined found that some techniques can boost donations by research paper, 50% or more. Either these results don#8217;t carry over to bibliography in mla style the real world, or charities can profit enormously from experimentation; I#8217;d really like to know which one is true. It may be that no technique or set of techniques, however clever, is going to push the research 2% giving rate to 3% or higher. If so, we#8217;ll need to figure out other ways to praxis do more good with our charitable giving. This is fingerprinting why I#8217;m so excited about effective altruism: The movement is argument conclusion examples built around organizations like GiveWell , which help people do as much good as possible with their limited donations, and organizations like Giving What We Can , which encourages people to fingerprinting ignore fundraising #8220;techniques#8221; and sample of business case study instead make a habit of giving generously to fingerprinting organizations they#8217;ve researched themselves. Both organizations are at the forefront of a very positive cultural shift in the nonprofit world, and how to of application I hope that they #8212; and other nonprofits like them #8212; might benefit in some small way from the fingerprinting research work I#8217;ve presented here. (It#8217;s not exactly likely that they#8217;ll read the thesis, but I#8217;m in praxis ii essay, regular contact with people who work for research paper EA nonprofits, and there#8217;s a good chance I#8217;ll work for one myself some day. Hopefully, writing this thesis has given me the tools I need to contribute something to the movement.) Interesting Papers and Other Links.

As I discovered while writing this thesis, the science of fundraising isn#8217;t very rigorous yet. A Letter Of Application! The team at Charity Science explains why. Fingerprinting Research! The Behavioural Insights team designs very cool experiments, many of which use subconscious #8220;nudges#8221; to boost charitable giving. One of the examples deepest threats to effective giving is research #8220;psychic numbing#8221;: The more suffering we know about, the less likely we are to praxis ii essay questions take an objective approach to dealing with it. Fingerprinting Research! When one person is in danger, we#8217;ll make an enormous effort to save them; when hundreds of thousands are in danger, we often fall into of business case, despair and stop trying to help. Research! Paul Slovic explains.

In 2010, a group of nonprofit foundations published the Money for Good study, which surveyed thousands of high-income donors in an attempt to figure out how people might be convinced to social give more money, and give more to the #8220;highest-performing nonprofits#8221;. The results are fascinating, and a little sad: Only 35% of fingerprinting paper, participants ever did research on their favorite charities, and argument essay examples only 10% of those people used neutral sources rather than the charities#8217; websites. Why did I focus on research paper, giving advice to argument essay conclusion examples especially #8220;effective#8221; charities? Partly because I#8217;m not sure I want charities that don#8217;t keep good records to fingerprinting research paper raise more money. This sad article on the Red Cross is one example of how even big-name charities go off the bibliography rails.

Also: I#8217;d never have finished this thesis without the fingerprinting research paper help of Intermediate Macroeconomics, my wonderful advisor, Hedy Kober . Fingerprinting Paper! I#8217;d also like to thank Dean Karlan , my second reader, whose work helped inspire me to praxis ii essay questions pursue this topic in the first place.

Need Help Writing an Essay? -
Research paper (Fingerprint Analysis) - SlideShare

The .pdf Resume — Does It Help or Hurt Your Job Search? .pdf stands for portable document format. It allows resumes to be opened on fingerprinting research different systems without formatting glitches and it prevents anyone from making unauthorized changes to the document. In other words, .pdf gives users total control of their resumes. And don’t we often dream about having total control? The problem is, total control, in any aspect of life, tends to choke the vitality out of whatever a person attempts to control. That’s certainly the Macroeconomics case with resumes. While a .doc resume is a living, breathing, interactive document, a .pdf resume isn’t. The “pro-control, pro—pdf” argument often contains an research paper implicit or explicit assumption that other people, whoever they are, might change a resume in ii essay, some sort of paper nefarious, damaging manner. Consider this — maybe there are people who want to case study help your career by fingerprinting paper improving your resume. As a search consultant, I might:

Ask you about how to a letter of application for a, a piece of missing information and then add it to fingerprinting research your resume (clearly highlighted as my addition) because I know my client wants to see it. Notice a question your resume raises but doesn’t answer. I ask you about it and note the answer (again, clearly highlighted as my addition) on bibliography in mla your resume. Fingerprinting? Add a comment about sample of business case, something I particularly like. Etc. If you have sent me an interactive .doc resume, I can annotate it to research paper improve my client’s understanding of praxis your background. If you have sent me a locked up .pdf file, you’ve tied my hands and prevented me from fingerprinting paper helping you. Now I have to ask you for a Microsoft Word resume (again) and how to write a letter job format then come back to my mission of helping you after I receive it. Later.

After my attention has shifted. I don’t send my clients candidates’ resume that are incomplete by their standards. It’s my job to anticipate and answer their questions. They need to fingerprinting research be able to for a look at your resume once and make an interview/no interview decision. Done.

Final. Fingerprinting Research Paper? Move on to the next step in the process. When the Recruiter Gets a .pdf Resume after Asking for a Word Resume. One more thing, when recruiters specifically ask for .doc resumes and they get .pdf resumes, you can be sure they make negative assumptions about the sender. They wonder about topics such as: Cooperation. Attention to Intermediate Macroeconomics detail. Willingness to respect processes. Please think about fingerprinting paper, what I’ve written the next time you’re deciding which type of resume format to diploma questions use. Oh, and that “total control” thing?

Just an illusion. Check out the comments below. Note: This post has upset some readers. I welcome your comments. Kindly keep them constructive and research paper within the bleeding edge of Macroeconomics civil discourse. I write executive resumes and fingerprinting LinkedIn profiles. Save time. Get hired. Email me at donnasvei@gmail.com for more information. Updated June 2017.

Do employers looking to hire graphic designers still want a plain Word document as a resume though? Is this the exception? That’s a terrific question. I have only recruited one graphic designer in my career so I’m not an expert (at all). On that search, I wanted to have easy access to portfolios and I cared a great deal both about how they were presented and the work samples they contained. Social 30-2 Essay? I also wanted to understand if the work samples were solo or team creations. Where they were team creations, I wanted to know which elements the applicant had handled. As to your resume, I think it probably is an exception to the “rule.” I put rule in quotation marks there because the fingerprinting real rule is to know the 30-2 essay norms if you’re in a specialized market and then use your judgment as to the best way to present yourself. I would love to hear what people who read graphic designers’ resumes and then make go/no interview decisions on applicants have to say about this. Thank you for asking Jenn. I believe that we would definitely be an exception to that rule.

Best. Comment. Ever. I really value your perspective on things, so I hesitate to comment on this advice. It is good advice, as your blog is the gold standard on how to paper do things the 30-2 diploma right way. I think the job seeker should know the whole story before deciding to avoid .pdf altogether.

The .doc or .docx format should be good enough for any resume submission, so it may be a moot point anyway. When an agency recruiter asks for a resume in a MS-Word or compatible format, assume it will be edited. Most of the fingerprinting time, the job seeker’s personal information will be edited out and the agency contact information substituted in its place. This is to prevent an social 30-2 questions unscrupulous company from paper going directly to praxis ii essay you rather than through your chosen agent. There should be no problem with this concept since the research 3rd-party recruiter has your best interests at heart and should be trusted to present your qualifications to their client in the best light. The key: Don’t send an editable resume to sample case study anyone you don’t trust. Large companies with an applicant tracking system should be able to handle any format submitted, including .pdf. Most Applicant Tracking Systems can parse data into searchable fields in the database. Job seekers should be concerned that their resumes are readable after submission, and most of the good ATS systems will let you review it.

If bullets and other resume parts look like Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics, you may want to send a plain .txt file. You spend a lot of time making the resume perfect, so don’t let an research paper ATS make you look bad. The bottom line is that it really is about trusting a bit of yourself to the people who will receive an electronic version of your resume. Send a .doc, .docx, or .rtf formatted file and forget it. If you don’t trust them, you shouldn’t be applying there anyway. First, aw shucks, gosh, THANK YOU! Next, you’re right, trust is the key. For A Job Format? I’m always saddened when I see blanket advice to distrust everyone and always send a PDF resume. Hence this post.

Thank you for fingerprinting adding this critical point and refinement to my post. We all really write a much better post together than any one person can do alone. Take home message: If employers ask for a resume in Word format, send ’em one. OK, I’ll do that. Otherwise it’s PDF. There are a couple of important reasons why I am not fully in agreement with this viewpoint. Having been a Recruiter myself in Canada’s premiere firm specializing only in retail and as a retailer I am not in agreement with the following: “maybe they are people who want to help your career by improving your resume. Praxis Ii Essay Questions? As a recruiter, when I read a resume, I might want to add a piece of missing information. ” A recruiter’s role is not to change or edit a candidate’s resume and in fact, it is considered unethical to fingerprinting research paper do so. This is diploma questions, personal information and only the fingerprinting candidate should edit their info or a specialized resume writer….with the in mla style candidate’s permission. We can coach candidates to produce resumes that are more impactful from a format and content perspective, but to actually play in research, them is a not the right approach. Secondly – the reason most firms require Word format from the candidate is for the purpose of of watermarking their firm’s logo when presenting the resume to a client company.

We always watermark then PDF the resume received and then send to the client along with the conclusion examples profile notes. The PDF is research, not dead: it is Intermediate, a locked document preserving the research paper integrity of the information and argument conclusion examples privacy. Thank you for adding another perspective. Clients hire me for, among other things, my judgment. It’s my job to anticipate and answer their questions about candidates’ resumes and to fill in missing pieces of information.

The resume isn’t a pass/fail exam. It’s a decision support document. If I can make it more informative, I do. When I annotate resumes, I add my notes in red and type “Annotations in fingerprinting paper, Red” at the top of the resume. 30-2 Diploma Questions? That way my client can distinguish between my additions and fingerprinting paper the original text. Also, I work on exclusive, retained searches. Thus, I have no need to watermark resumes.

Given what you and style Tom Bolt have added here, I’m thinking about writing a post about the fingerprinting different types of style search firms and the different types of exclusivity arrangements that companies and their recruiters use. See: 5 Ways Job Seekers Can Vet Recruiters http://buff.ly/14cXzg2. Good post, Donna. Another issue that I’ve heard is that, although the major ATS systems can scan PDFs, not all of fingerprinting them can. Sample Of Business Study? Or they can import text from Word, but need to do OCR on PDF. What’s your experience with this? Thanks for another thoughtful post. What Applicant Tracking Systems will and won’t do varies by system.

The consensus seems to be that a .doc file is the safest way to submit a resume to an ATS. Research Paper? Then again, the even more effective answer is, “Find a human who can get your resume to the hiring manager.” Thank you for Intermediate Macroeconomics your kind words. It’s always nice to research see you online! Thanks for sharing insider views. My question might be a bit technical: do search firms have Acrobat Pro or only ii essay questions Reader for fingerprinting research processing PDFs? If the former is typically used, then one won’t have to worry about not being to annotate or watermark. Interesting question. I’m sure it varies by firm with many (most?) only praxis ii essay using the reader. But what you’re also saying is that PDF is not the assurance of TOTAL CONTROL that just about everyone thinks it is.

Come on, this is a joke. Recruiters need the CV in Word format so that they can remove the contact information and fingerprinting research paper prevent the recruiter to contact the candidate directly. As simple as that. That certainly happens. How To A Letter Of Application? But it’s not the only reason recruiters want MS Word resumes (see blog post above). It’s a good idea to know your recruiter and fingerprinting paper their reputation before sending them your resume. See: 5 Ways Job Seekers Can Vet Recruiters http://buff.ly/14cXzg2 (written 6/3/13). If you can’t trust them, why would you share your resume with them? Beyond that, do you really want to work for a company that would work with an unethical recruiter or one that would try to beat a recruiter out of 30-2 diploma questions a valid fee?

If they’re not fair with recruiters, they’re not going to be fair with you either. You CAN comment within PDF resumes as well. If you are working with a recruiter, or with a company who is submitting your bid as a part of a proposal response, sending a Word resume is important, and in turn, the recruiter has an obligation to consult with you on any substantive changes. (Some don’t, and thereby can involve you in fingerprinting research paper, telling an untruth about your experience, if they word-spin to praxis ii essay get a match and thereby introduce inaccuracies.) If you are sending your resume directlty to the hiring organization, pdf would be the research sensible format to bibliography in mla use, because it controls how your resume will appear at fingerprinting, the far end. pdf is the right choice in any situation where you want to bibliography in mla lock in exactly what you formatted and paper said. Good to see you! Thank you for your perspective. On the internal part, remember that internal recruiters support hiring managers in their decision processes.

Thus, they like to annotate resumes also. Sample Of Business? It’s very helpful to have all the information on one document. A PDF isn’t always about preventing others from making edits, it can also be used to ensure the recruiter sees the fingerprinting research document as it was meant to style be viewed. A PDF maintains the fingerprinting research original document’s format and a letter for a job format font, something Microsoft Word can’t always deliver. Depending on the reader used (Adobe Reader or other), the recruiter can make comments or notes and paper annotations. In Mla Style? I do agree however that if the paper request is for a particular format, such as a Word .doc or .docx file, that is what you should submit. OK. Argument Essay Conclusion? So here I am, Joe Recruiter. This email comes sailing in. Paper? If the resume attachment is in Word, I can open the file, call the candidate, and take notes as we talk. Seamless.

If it’s a PDF file, I can’t just open a writable file, I have to open it in Adobe Reader, which I’ve never done, so I have to Google how to do that and fiddle around, then I can call the candidate, and take notes as we talk. Intermediate Macroeconomics? Because when I just open the fingerprinting paper file, the thing is not editable. It’s an how to a letter annoying, dead, non-interactive file. Thoughts? Reasons why recruiters should have to learn something new to deal with someone’s resume. “Hi, I’m Joe Candidate, and fingerprinting research the first thing I’m going to expect from style you is that you learn something new and change.” That’s great if you’re an fingerprinting 11 on praxis the client’s scale of 1 to 10 but, if you’re an 8, it won’t you get far with most recruiters. Just sayin’. Thank you for research paper your comment. In Mla Style? I know it’s well intentioned and it gave me a platform to fingerprinting research talk about not only writing your resume to your audience but making sure that your audience can use your resume once you send it to them. I’m in agreement with Christina, Jennifer, and diploma essay Stephanie here – the integrity of the paper original document is sample case study, a higher priority to me than the ability of a third party to research make edits without my agreement.

If I’m sending a resume to in mla style a company you can bet that I’m using a .pdf format, as it’s the only way for me to be (reasonably) sure that what I see on fingerprinting research my monitor is sample study, what they’ll see on theirs. As a career advisor I’d never advise a client to send their application documents to a company using something other than .pdf unless the fingerprinting posting explicitly requested something different, for ii essay that very reason. I can understand how certain recruitment contexts might suggest otherwise, but that hardly warrants this post’s black/white title. Plus – adding comments and the like on Adobe Acrobat is simple, as Mike suggested – certainly no more complicated than MS Word. Lastly, if interactivity is the basis of your argument for research MS Word, why not suggest google docs?

Thank you for your comment. Google Docs would be a terrific idea if it was in nearly universal use. Just like PDF files would be great if they were in essay examples, nearly universal use and everyone knew how to research mark them up. Also, applicants would benefit from getting real with the idea that the people who read their resumes might (very high likelihood of this) find them deficient in conclusion examples, some way and choose to add information to them. We’re not talking about taking information away. Fingerprinting Paper? We’re talking about adding it. Truthful information. Helpful information. We don’t write, “This applicant sucks,” on resumes. We just don’t forward that applicant’s resume to the hiring manager.

Frankly, if I could only use resumes exactly as I receive them, most applicants wouldn’t get interviewed. These aren’t the Dead Sea Scrolls. They’re working documents. Applicants might not want them to be working documents, or might not understand that they’re working documents, but they are. I’m suggesting that applicants make it easy for the people who read their resumes to help them.

Besides, this safety factor? False sense of security. I can always convert a PDF into a Word file and mess with it however I want. And I mean “however I want” in in mla style, a good way. I’d just rather receive the Word file in the first place. As a candidate who has worked with many recruiters, I DO NOT WANT YOU MAKING UNAUTHORIZED CHANGES TO MY RESUME.

These are my skills, my experience. I will be interviewing with the client, not you. What I do appreciated is fingerprinting research, your feedback. If you see a deficiency in of application for a job format, my Resume, TELL ME about fingerprinting research, it. I will fix it. If there are certain skills or technologies you think should be highlighted for this particular client, TELL ME.

But remember, if I have to change my resume in a significant way, the job is essay questions, probably not well suited to me. I understand that you’ll want to prevent the fingerprinting client from contacting me directly to cut you out bibliography style, of the picture, and for that reason, I’ll send you the Word file you request (as converted from the original Pages, Google Docs, or OpenOffice file), but only research when you specifically request it and when you have talked to me about the role. Making the changes you are talking about are most definitely unethical. In Mla? I would never work with a recruiter doing that. And remember, when I interview with the client, I bring my own copy of my resume and we can compare. Fingerprinting Paper? We will both be aware of your modifications, and they will reflect poorly on you and I. Thank you for your perspective. Let me suggest that we draw a distinction between “changes” and “additions.” I’m not “changing” what you wrote about yourself. Bibliography In Mla? I’m adding additional information and fingerprinting research paper my own comments. I’m sorry that you had a bad experience with a recruiter, but consider how you let it affect your future relationships with recruiters. Do you really want to stand out as (1) needing this much control and (2) demonstrating that you can be difficult to work with?

Recruiters notice how easy or difficult applicants are to how to a letter of application for a job format work with. We know that you’re being as cooperative and collaborative as you’ll ever be on the job during the hiring process. These types of behaviors are HUGE tells for us. If we find you difficult to work with, we tell our clients. That usually immediately removes a candidate from further consideration. One more thing, it’s not uncommon for recruiters, especially at research, more senior levels, to not even present your resume to how to a letter of application for a their clients. Research? They draft a brief about of business study, you and submit that. Let’s get past the idea of resume as magical document and work together to see if you’re a good fit for the job at hand or not. Research Paper? That often involves letting go of a little control.

The brief is great. It’s clearly a document written by the recruiter and presented by the client. It should have all the additions and other information you’ve mentioned (and the results of reference checks that you have done). But the Resume is different. Of Business Case Study? It is a document created by the candidate to reflect their skills and research paper experience. If the recruiter has to how to make changes (especially without the candidate’s specific approval and input), there’s a much larger chance that you’re putting them in the wrong role. Fingerprinting Paper? Nobody appreciates being setup for failure.

As far as recruiters not submitting me for roles, I have never had that problem. I live in a market that is well served by recruiters and I have them competing on an hour-to-hour basis to bring new roles to my attention so they can submit me (I work with a number of recruiters and generally go with the first one to bring a role to my attention). Most recruiters know that they facilitate a transaction that could easily take place without them. They need to essay questions add value to the process to survive. Recently, a recruiter came to me with a good role with a great company. Research Paper? The company hires many people with my skill set and has a very good reputation. The role that they were hiring for was asking for a specific technology that I know, but isn’t my strongest selling point.

The recruiter asked me to adjust my resume to bring this technology to the forefront. I thought about it and declined, because emphasizing a second-level skill (or exaggerating) would take away from my overall resume and start me off on the wrong foot. I am better off waiting until they have an opening more suited to my top-level skills. You’re lucky to have a skill set that’s in high demand Daniel. Donna. Daniel said elegantly what I was going to. Your responses were defensive at bibliography in mla, best. You should not be adding anything to a resume, either. Fingerprinting Research Paper? My resume should be only mine.

If you’re making a brief or it, or adding information, do it separately. What is in my resume is what I want to show the in mla world, and how I want it. If you’re not comfortable with the quality or content, talk to me or move on. Fingerprinting Research Paper? Anything you do to change it is misrepresenting me, be it adding or modifying data. Send your own notes independently. I’ve had a lousy recruiter change my resume.

The employer I spoke about certain experience, and questions when I said it was minimal, they said my resume highlighted it. I checked what I sent to that staffer, and there was barely a mention of it. They insisted they did not change it. This was the last time I sent a recruiter a Word copy of my resume, and it will be any time I deal with recruiters in the future. Too many recruiters are trash. Research? Another told me to take a job and essay examples not tell them I had barely any of the skill they wanted, and just get up to speed quickly. If you’re not one of the research “bad” ones, great- but there are too many that give your profession a bad name, and until there’s less unethical practices in the field, telling others that the way they protect their interests is not needed is Macroeconomics, misguided. Thanks J. Fingerprinting? I actually send my clients both the social 30-2 essay questions original and the annotated resumes. And yes, I’ve found some of these remarks personally offensive. Fingerprinting Paper? I deleted one that added nothing to the conversation and left the essay rest up because they’re shining an paper interesting light into the relationship between recruiters and candidates.

What’s becoming more interesting to me here than the format of a resume is the vitriol directed toward the social 30-2 recruiting community. Candidates now have more power than ever to vet recruiters before they send their resumes off to them. Are people checking recruiters’ LinkedIn profiles to see what type of backgrounds and recommendations they have? I put my LinkedIn profile URL on my job postings so applicants can see exactly where their resume is fingerprinting research paper, going. No one has to swim with bottom feeders. If you’ve run into “lousy” recruiters, perhaps it’s because you haven’t done your homework.

And I’ll ask again, why would anyone want to work for a company that hires a recruiter that candidates can’t trust? If you can’t trust their representative, why would you trust them? 5 Ways Job Seekers Can Vet Recruiters http://buff.ly/14cXzg2 (written 6/3/13). Intermediate? Please see Drew Tewell’s 6/4/13 comment on this post. Fingerprinting Research? He sums it all up quite well. I have been an executive recruiter for 20 years and I have never changed a candidate’s CV or resume. Macroeconomics? My candidates all have either a PhD or a MD, as I recruit for the biotech pharma niche. I think if my candidate with a PhD in Chemistry from Harvard can’t get his CV right on his own then he is not a good candidate for my client. Fingerprinting Research? Of course we all make typos and I will occasionally point these out.

As for filling in missing information, I write a report for each candidate I submit with all my thoughts- both pro and con. As a client I would not like to see a resume marked all over with red comments as it is bibliography style, too distracting. It also mentally would conjure a negative picture.( Think red marks on a test from your teacher). Paper? We don’t want a candidate to 30-2 questions start off on first glance with a negative image, do we? It’s good to see you here. Interesting, I don’t point typos out to research paper candidates and praxis ii essay questions I don’t “fix” their typos in any way.

That’s data about how closely they copy edit important documents before they go out the door. Fingerprinting Paper? I want my clients to see those typos and determine whether or not they matter to them. My comments do things like document the candidate’s explanation of a gap in his/her job history, list current salary and praxis ii essay questions bonus as provided by the candidate, document the candidate’s explanation of why they left a job, etc. As to the color red, it provides a sharp contrast and research thus clearly shows the information I’ve added to the resume. I’ve tried green and argument essay conclusion examples blue but they don’t pop as well. Remember, I also send a clean copy of the research paper resume to my client. Thus, they can choose to read either one or both. Beyond sourcing great candidates, my job is to write a letter of application job format develop and provide information to the hiring manager for decision support. If a candidate’s resume doesn’t provide all the fingerprinting information I know they want, or if it raises questions, it’s my job to provide that information. Adding missing information to the face of a resume provides that information directly in context. Argument Essay Conclusion? It’s also the most efficient way to convey the information.

BTW, I’ve never had a client object to fingerprinting receiving an annotated resume — and I’ve been recruiting since 1987. Hi Donna – When I first read this I was perplexed about why you or anyone else would want to make comments directly on a person’s resume. I realize you are resume writer and thought perhaps that is in mla, how you provide edits back forth when working with clients. Fingerprinting Research? If so, that process wasn’t obvious to praxis ii essay questions me… From the perspective of a person submitting their resume in the context of research paper applying for a position at a company and/or sending their resume to a 3rd party firm to be represented by that firm to a letter job format the firm’s client(s), I don’t believe there would be a need for ANYONE to manipulate an applicant’s resume. Aside from an research agency presenting the resume content under their letterhead (blinding the candidate’s name and contact info) there would be no other reason to have an how to a letter for a job format editable format. In fact, I would discourage anyone from typing or writing on a resume under consideration for an employment opportunity outside of the above purpose. If any modification is needed, the resume owner (applicant/candidate) should provide additional explanation, clarification or updates on the document itself or the research paper inquiring party should note any comments on a separate page.

Should there ever be a dispute about essay examples, qualifications and/or hiring practices, the fingerprinting resume “in use” would be considered evidence in any investigation and/or legal preceding. While a resume is not considered a legal document in the same way that an employment application is, I do believe it should be left intact as submitted. Adding comments, notes, corrections or interpretations should not be necessary and conclusion I would strongly advise against this practice unless the resume owner is present and research personally authorizing and initialing the write a letter of application for a changes to fingerprinting research their information. As to whether PDF or MS Word is preferable, I would almost always recommend PDF unless specifically requested to send MS Word or PDF is of business case, not accepted by an ATS or other online system. As a person that includes limited, yet precise formatting in the resumes I prepare, PDF ensures that recipient is able to view the fingerprinting paper document as it was intended to appear. Diploma Essay Questions? Because of different SW versions and/or operating systems, MS Word has far more room for being translated improperly or unattractively. And, even some printers will alter how the research paper hard copy appears from the Intermediate Macroeconomics soft (screen) version. Thanks for fingerprinting research your comment…have you read through the comments that precede yours? There’s been quite a conversation. For A? Hopefully a detailed read will make things clearer.

BTW, I’m both an research paper executive search consultant (over 400 searches completed) and an executive resume writer. I’m a bit surprised that there isn’t cleaner process for taking notes on Intermediate Macroeconomics a candidate other than writing them within Microsoft Word on the actual document. Maybe there’s an opportunity for an aspiring entrepreneur to disrupt the industry #128578; For my part the reason why I use PDF, and get frustrated when a Word document is fingerprinting paper, asked for, is a similar reason to what Stephanie had mentioned earlier in the string. Formatting in essay conclusion examples, Word is a nightmare, even if you know you’re way around fairly well. I actually use design editing software, InDesign, to build my resume though I am not a graphic design by trade. It gives me better control, not over fingerprinting research the security of the document, but to make sure it looks exactly the way I want. Praxis Questions? To Stephanie’s point, PDF maintains that integrity. I do have a Word document backup with all of the same information. It doesn’t quite fit right.

The breaks don’t flow as well. Research Paper? It’s not as balanced. It’s not accurate to the perception of myself that I want to get across to employers. If you can make a resume ugly then you can certainly make it pretty (in a professional way of course). Thank you for your comment. MS Word can present some page break formatting challenges between systems. They don’t bother me. Sample Of Business? I know that happens.

For me, wanting MS Word documents really boils down to only wanting to fingerprinting research look at Macroeconomics, one document and having all the information needed for decision support in one place. Screens are getting smaller all the time. Thus, it’s often not convenient to look at more than one document at a time. Three axioms that will benefit any job search: 1.Vet the recruiter a little before you send your resume off into the ether. 2.Comply with the requested process. 3.Make sure an applicant tracking system can read whatever document you submit. I found a couple of your comments interesting: “If it’s a PDF file, I can’t just open the file, I have to open it in Adobe Reader, which I’ve never done, so I have to Google how to do that and fiddle around…”. You should only have to double click the fingerprinting paper attachment, just as you would a Word doc.

Typically, Adobe Reader is a standard install on business computers. “PDF files would be great if they were in nearly universal use and everyone knew how to mark them up.” True, not everyone knows how use the various features available, but PDFs are as universal as Word. Adobe Reader is free, unlike Microsoft Word. With Word docs you always have to save them in a compatible format (.doc not .docx) to ensure the recipient can actually view the bibliography file. With a PDF, it’s automatically readable in any version of Reader; what you may lose are some of the newer features.

Personally, I’ve found that the “applicant tracking systems” invariably mess up the fingerprinting paper formatting despite the file uploaded, both Word and PDF resume versions. Just my two cents, Thank you for commenting. There’s no trouble opening the Intermediate Macroeconomics PDF format from an email attachment with a double click. It’s readable that way. Research? It’s just not markable. Hence my headline that it’s “dead” — as opposed to questions interactive. When you double click a Word file from email, it’s readable and markable. I’ve got to think that companies using applicant tracking systems care more about fingerprinting paper, processing mountains of data at style, low cost than they care about formatting because you’re right, the systems do mess up formatting. Having just been made redundant I started the rounds of visiting recruitment agencies and asked this very question – PDF or DOC(x)? The recruiter’s reply was “In this tight market, recruiters are lazy, if I can’t key word search the resume it goes to the bottom of my pile!

Always write a resume tailored to the specific role in the format requested. I don’t want to or need to do any extra work to fingerprinting paper accommodate the wrong format”. Maybe its not a professional attitude but with possibly hundreds of applicant for sample of business case study a job, minor things will count against you. One thing I always do though is save each resume as a new file in a new directory before sending it out research paper, – I don’t want anyone looking at argument essay conclusion, the change history to see what I applied for previously. Thank you for fingerprinting research this.

We recruiters process volumes of data. We have systems. We really appreciate people who cooperate with us, rather than wanting special, time consuming attention that takes us out of our flow. If someone needs special attention, it’s at least a red flag to us. Worst case scenario, per 30-2 diploma essay questions what you wrote, it’s an instant deal killer.

Ouch! Do you think it’s perfectly fine to send two copies of my resume? A PDF and a Doc one? I totally agree with you that PDFs remove the interactive side of things, but I’m also worried that a DOC resume’s format would appear differently on another computer… you know, different font, different alignment, etc. Research Paper? I don’t want to mess it up. Dee, Yes. Intermediate Macroeconomics? Perfectly fine. Terrific idea! Thank you, Donna.

It seems as if your only real argument here is that one cannot mark-up a PDF (which is fingerprinting, actually not a completely true statement, depending on what version of Adobe you are utilizing). So what would you prefer to send to a job; a Word document that has weird underlining in it because the program lacks the sample of business ability to understand certain margins and spaces as stylistic choices (that is, of course, unless you create individual tables and tabs for everything) or a cleaner PDF document that has none of the fingerprinting above? I guess making comments directly to the Word comment is a viable argument; however, as many have mentioned before, the 30-2 questions basic Adobe contains a comment tool. I understand the research paper point of someone wanting to edit the document, but really, how often would that happen unless you’re specifically sending it to Intermediate Macroeconomics someone who you know will likely edit it for you. In regards to automatic tracking systems, most of them state the types of files that are acceptable and more times than not, will not accept an upload of an unacceptable file type. Word documents saved/printed as a PDF always retain the full search-ability though. Moral of the fingerprinting story – Follow the directions and/or requests from the in mla style company or person you are sending your resume to? Hi Jan, Yes on “moral of the story.” Thank you, Donna.

What are your thoughts on fingerprinting research receiving the PDF resume (the one that is meant to conclusion examples look good) and receiving a plain text doc with no formatting (as it won’t look the same on fingerprinting my PC as your anyway)? Plain text docs are for computers, not people. I don’t think you would get many recruiters to spend much time reading a plain text doc. I’m a programmer and I work on Linux machines only. I don’t have Word. If someone wants to edit my resume they should ask me to style do it and fingerprinting paper I will happily oblige if I think it’s an appropriate change. I DO NOT want recruiters changing my resume without telling me. The ethics of that are a bit grey. Let’s flip the calendar back to the days of hard copy resumes.

Would you object to a recruiter writing a clarifying note on your resume? That’s all I’m talking about. 30-2 Questions? I don’t change anything. I add comments that help my clients understand what they’re reading. I can only speak for my career experience but I have found that recruiters only fingerprinting paper want Word versions so they can strip out contact information preventing you from being contacted directly (thereby negating the need for the recruiter) One very recent and very clear example of this was: 1) Applied for a job (senior exec, global brand bank) 2) Sent my CV (pdf) 3) Recruiter asked for argument conclusion examples a word version “because the formatting was coming out wrong”. I knew this not to fingerprinting research be true but the role was very attractive so I complied. 4) Got through to the final panel interview where they had my CV throughout with the agency covering sheet and the only thing that was missing was my contact information, including my LinkedIn URL (they were kind enough to provide me a copy at the end of the essay conclusion examples process which I checked forensically)

Interestingly, the entire panel had checked out research paper, my LinkedIn profile anyway (thanks to the who’s looking component) from which spawned a LOT of questions. They’d even reached out to social diploma questions former colleagues and acquaintances whom we shared connections to help validate career delivery claims so it was a very interesting new dynamic. Ultimately, I turned down the job because it was more promise than guarantee of delivery but it did prove one thing. Whether a resume is a PDF or Word doc over the long term, it doesn’t really matter as it’s about the content and what you can offer. Over time, personally, I think a CV “document” as a concept will slowly fade into use by niche use cases. Paper? This view opinion is largely fueled by of business study that last interview and fingerprinting the likes of examples services such as LinkedIn, websites and other (emerging) social media avenues such as Klout which combines public and private information which can can get supported and paper endorsed. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in coming generations. Thank you Dean. LinkedIn is the bibliography style “go to” place for checking people out.

That’s why it’s good to fingerprinting have a profile that’s even more compelling than your resume. LinkedIn is style, a great place to do Resume+. I have hired MANY marketing assistants and fingerprinting coordinators over of business my career. I’m always shocked when someone submits a Word resume to fingerprinting paper me. The first thing I do is reveal hidden formatting and see exactly how they formatted that resume.

You would be surprised how many people use tabs, hard returns and spaces to format. I rarely see anyone properly using styles in their resume. To me, these are not proficient Word users. Sample Case? I won’t interview these people. These positions require a high level of computer knowledge, and if you can’t properly format a resume, you can’t do this job. At least with a PDF they can hide those flaws for fingerprinting paper a while. Interesting Margaret. Given this, I would think that you would specifically request a Word resume. #128578; Donna. I work in bibliography style, the communitacions area and I design my resume using InDesing. As someone said before it allows me to paper design it in ways word cant.

For me word is social 30-2 diploma essay questions, too limited, but I do have a simple version in word. However, I’ve never been asked for it. And I hope they dont. It looks too plain for me, while my indesing version shows more of my personality and taste. Also, I find funny you call PDF not interactive. The way I do it, most info in my pdf resume is hyperlinked, which means if you click my university info you go to research paper my faculty web page, if you click my twitter info, it takes you to Macroeconomics my twitter…same with my blog, companies ive worked for, proyects…

If you ask for my word version you will be missing a lot about me just for fingerprinting research the shake of your innconvenience adding comments in pdf, which can be done (as said in other comments) I hope I don’t come up as rude (english is not my first language) but you are putting your convenience first, and it shouldn’t be like that. PDF works fine and has more pros than cons for everyone. Taking you a bit longer to ii essay be able to comment on a pdf should not stop you or make you think pdf is dead. Fingerprinting? Maybe adapting to new things bothers you, but you can get used to it or find apps that help you deal with it. There’s many pdf editors out case study, there for iphone, android and even browser. Fingerprinting Paper? They are free. Use them and problem solved! Not rude at diploma essay questions, all Ana. Thank you for the helpful information.

Donna. I also don’t agree in total. Paper? It depends where you apply! In South Asia there is many firm who ask you for your CV (asking for an opportunity with them) and they use it without your consent for of application for a EOI, Business Proposals and research paper Bidding to qualify themselves. Once they get the deal they never get back to you rather they start substitution process by addressing interest of business sponsor. And when project goes in trouble you can also be pulled off because you are in how to a letter job format, file. Specially when this is Government sponsored Projects. Thus I think PDF still has space to research paper ensure that the CV you are dispatching is not been used unauthorized. That’s reprehensible.

However, if you read the comments, you’ll see that the .pdf format provides you with scant protection from unethical behavior from others. Acrobat Reader, Preview, and write a letter for a job format Okular all support commenting and annotation in PDFs. Those who have learned LaTeX, can precisely format a document such as a resume. Research Paper? While I have “total control” as you put it when creating a document in bibliography, LaTeX, I’m more interested in research, the fact that the format does not frequently go all out of whack when I have to essay examples copy and paste sections. When I try to use one of the Word templates, getting the formatting right is a real struggle.

The ubiquity of MS Office is one of those peculiarly American things, like not using the metric system, writing month/day/year, or calling football “soccer.” My CV is written in LaTeX so a word document is not going to come out of that. Do you suggest I cough up the paper $200 for Word (which I’m not proficient in) just to re-enter my CV? If a recruiter asks you for a Word document, I would give them one. In Mla Style? You can probably find someone on fingerprinting research O-Desk to do it for your for five or ten dollars. P.S. I would love to see your resume. If you would like, please email me a copy at donnasvei@gmail.com. I am a tech worker and recruiters in this field have a reputation of being completely non-technical.

I do not trust a recruiter to represent my technical skills without “exaggerating.” If I have a good recruiter who is essay conclusion, working directly for a hiring manager, my resume will skip the fingerprinting research paper HR screen and I will want to write my own resume in that situation. There are many things a dishonest recruiter can do with an editable resume. Making my resume a PDF is an easy way to of application for a job format make sure the recruiter can’t edit email address so the client can’t contact with me. [BTW, my PDF resume converts BEAUTIFULLY to text, I made sure of it #128578; ] Hope you understand, Thank you for this.

You might ask your recruiter(s) if there are any honest tweaks that would make your resume stronger, but I understand your position.